- When using muffin tins, if you find you don't have enough batter to fill all the cups, pour a little water into empty ones. This will prevent the pan from scorching.
- Don't throw away stale bread; cut it up and use it for croutons or breadcrumbs.
- When baking a pie, if you find your crust is browning too fast, wrap strips of tin foil around the edge of the pie to slow down the browning.
- When making muffins, avoid over-mixing. Use a spoon to mix the batter; never use an electric mixer.
- When making meringue, always have the egg whites at room temperature, and be sure they're free of any trace of yolk. Make sure the bowl and beaters are spotless and totally free of grease. For extra-fluffy meringues, add 1/4 tsp. vinegar to 3 egg whites.
- To remove grease from clothes, empty a can of Coca-Cola into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle.
Stuffed French Bread
1 loaf of French bread
Two 8 oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup mayonnaise
2 oz. jar pimento, drained and chopped
1/3 cup chopped, fresh parsley
1 - 7 oz. pkg. Italian salad dressing mix
1 small jar of chopped, dried beef
Cut bread loaf in half, lengthwise, to stuff. Remove some of the inside of the bread to make room for the stuffing. Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Fill the hollows in the bread with the mixture and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate, at least 3 hours, or until ready to serve. To serve, slice in 1-in. pieces.
2 large Idaho potatoes
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 onion, diced
Salt and pepper
Scrub potatoes, slice them, and put in pot with water, cover. Boil until tender. Drain and mash with 2 Tbs. butter. Add the cottage cheese, onion, salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently, then put in a greased casserole dish, dot with remaining butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered at 350 D. for 35-45 minutes.
Jeremiah 7:28 But thou shalt say unto them, This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the Lord their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.